- Table of Contents
- Full Issue in PDF
- Emerging Metropolitan Sectors: A Fertile Market for U.S. Exports
- Bringing U.S. Products to the World
- Opportunities in the Global Marketplace for Minority Businesses
- Short Takes
- Trade Calendar
- Featured Trade Event: Basic Guide to Exporting Webinars
- November 2014
- October 2014
- September 2014
- August 2014
- July 2014
- June 2014
- May 2014
- April 2014
- March 2014
- Febraury 2014
- January 2014
- World Trade Week 2014
- World Trade Month 2013
- World Trade Week 2012
- National Export Initiative Anniversary
Featured Trade Event
(stock image; iStock image no. 11548785)
© Luis Pedrosa/iStock
Basic Guide to Exporting Webinars
October and November 2010
This fall, as part of the National Export Initiative, the Department of Commerce’s Trade Information Center will be offering a series of free Webinars on the basics of exporting. The Webinars have been especially designed to meet the needs of new exporters and cover the following topics:
• How to Identify International Markets for Your Products (October 13): Learn about an analytical framework for evaluating products and services against potential markets, find out what questions to ask in adapting a product for consumers from different cultural backgrounds, and discover how to find and customize valuable information on Export.gov and other online sources.
• Financing Your Exports and Getting Paid (October 20): Understand the different options for methods of payment in international transactions; learn how letters of credit can ensure payment for exports; and discover how the U.S. government provides direct financing, guarantees, and credit insurance in support of exports.
• Improving Your Cultural Intelligence (October 27): Learn how to identify the cultural implications of marketing and negotiating decisions and understand how to more effectively function in culturally diverse settings.
• Cashing in with Free Trade Agreements (November 3): Learn about the agreements that are currently in force and understand what advantages the agreements offer to U.S. exporters.
Each Webinar will begin at 2:00 p.m. Eastern Time and will last one hour. The Webinars will include slides, live audio, and a question-and-answer session. There is no charge to participate, but registration is required. For additional information and to register, visit the Web site or contact Roza Pace of the Trade Information Center, tel.: (800) 872-8723; e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
The International Trade Administration, U.S. Department of Commerce, manages this global trade site to provide access to ITA information on promoting trade and investment, strengthening the competitiveness of U.S. industry, and ensuring fair trade and compliance with trade laws and agreements. External links to other Internet sites should not be construed as an endorsement of the views or privacy policies contained therein. This site contains PDF documents. A PDF reader is available from Adobe Systems Incorporated.