Trade Finance Guide, 2008 edition
Trade Finance Guide: A Quick Reference for U.S. Exporters is designed to help U.S. companies, especially small and medium-sized enterprises, learn the basics of trade finance so that they can turn their export opportunities into actual sales and achieve the ultimate goal of getting paid—especially on time—for those sales. Concise, two-page chapters offer the basics of numerous financing techniques, from open accounts, to forfaiting, to government assisted foreign-buyer financing.
(April 2008, 32 pages)
Online: The Trade Finance Guide is available in PDF format as a complete document and as individual chapters.
- Complete Guide
- Chapter 1 Methods of Payment in International Trade
- Chapter 2 Cash-in-Advance
- Chapter 3 Letters of Credit
- Chapter 4 Documentary Collections
- Chapter 5 Open Account
- Chapter 6 Export Working Capital Financing
- Chapter 7 Government-Guaranteed Export Working Capital Loan Programs
- Chapter 8 Export Credit Insurance
- Chapter 9 Export Factoring
- Chapter 10 Forfaiting
- Chapter 11 Government Assisted Foreign Buyer Financing
- Chapter 12 Foreign Exchange Risk Management
- Reprint: National Technical Information Service
Order Number: To come
Paper, CD, microfiche, or electronic download
The International Trade Administration, U.S. Department of Commerce, manages this global trade site to provide access to ITA information on promoting trade and investment, strengthening the competitiveness of U.S. industry, and ensuring fair trade and compliance with trade laws and agreements. External links to other Internet sites should not be construed as an endorsement of the views or privacy policies contained therein. This site contains PDF documents. A PDF reader is available from Adobe Systems Incorporated.