For Immediate Release: April 16, 2014
Contact: Mary Trupo (202) 482-3809
Commerce Trade Official, U.S. Companies to Explore Healthcare Sector Opportunities During Trade Mission to Turkey
WASHINGTON – U.S. Assistant Secretary of Commerce for Global Markets and Director General of the U.S. and Foreign Commercial Service Arun Kumar announced today that he will lead 17 U.S. companies on a healthcare trade mission to Turkey, May 4-8. Kumar and the delegation will meet with public and private sector officials during stops in Ankara, Istanbul, and Izmir.
“It’s an exciting time for the medical technology and healthcare sectors in Turkey,” Kumar said. “The Turkish government has made healthcare access and quality a national priority, and these U.S. companies offer the world-class products and services necessary to meet the goals of this important trading partner.”
During the past 10 years, Turkey invested nearly $5 billion in healthcare construction. A recently announced public-private partnership initiative calls for the construction of 29 integrated health campuses throughout the country. The medical equipment and supplies market in Turkey is projected to reach $3 billion by 2015 as these health campuses are completed.
Representatives from the following U.S. companies will participate in the trade mission:
- Awareness Technology, Inc. – Palm City, Fla.
- Consensus Orthopedics, Inc. – El Dorado Hills, Calif.
- Cureline, Inc. – San Francisco, Calif.
- Dimensional Insight, Inc. – Burlington, Mass.
- GE Healthcare – Fairfield, Conn.
- Hyprotek, Inc. – Spokane, Wash.
- Intelligent Medical Objects, Inc. – Northbrook, Ill.
- iScreen Vision, Inc. – Memphis, Tenn.
- MedSignals/ VitalSignals LLC – Lexington, Ky.
- mHealth Technologies LLC – Johnson City, Tenn.
- Nortec Software, Inc. – Williston Park, N.Y.
- Numera, Inc. – Seattle, Wash.
- Nu-Vois LLC – Meridian, Idaho
- SecureCare Products LLC – Concord, N.H.
- Summit Medical Products, Inc. – Sandy, Utah
- TransVac Solutions – Denver, Colo.
- Underwriters Laboratories LLC – Northbrook, Ill.
This trade mission advances President Obama’s National Export Initiative, which aims to support economic and job growth. For additional information, please visit http://www.export.gov/trademissions.
International Trade Administration
The International Trade Administration (ITA) is the premier resource for American companies competing in the global marketplace. ITA has 2,400 employees assisting U.S. exporters in more than 100 U.S. cities and 70 countries worldwide. For more information on ITA visit www.trade.gov.
The International Trade Administration, U.S. Department of Commerce, manages this global trade site to provide access to ITA information on promoting trade and investment, strengthening the competitiveness of U.S. industry, and ensuring fair trade and compliance with trade laws and agreements. External links to other Internet sites should not be construed as an endorsement of the views or privacy policies contained therein. This site contains PDF documents. A PDF reader is available from Adobe Systems Incorporated.