Click headers to expand:
Have An Eligible Project?
Fund Your Project
Other MDCP Resources
Market Development Cooperator Program
Financial Assistance Management Resources for Cooperators
Questions about your MDCP project should always be directed first to your ITA-MDCP team leader. MDCP Director Brad Hess can help as well. Other contacts specific to financial assistance management are set forth below.
1. For questions about Grants Online: Email GrantsOnline.HelpDesk@noaa.gov or dial 301-444-2112 or (toll-free) 877-662-2478. Hours of Operation: Monday - Friday (Federal Work Days) 8:00am - 6:00pm Eastern Time
2. For ASAP payment questions and all other questions about the financial management of your MDCP award, contact Mr. Freddie Isaac (Frederick.I.Isaac@noaa.gov), 301-628-1313. If you cannot reach Freddie, you can try Lamar Revis (Lamar.Revis@noaa.gov), 301-628-1308. Ms. Janet J. Russell (Janet.J.Russell@noaa.gov), 301-628-1318, who have both provided support on MDCP awards in the past.
B. Financial Assistance Management Resources for Cooperators
4. Roles in Grants Online: Cooperator roles are the 4 that begin "Recip" on right of table
C. General Federal Regulations (awards made prior to 2014.12.26)
D. General Federal Regulations (awards made after 2014.12.25)
On December 26, 2013, OMB published final guidance titled Uniform Administrative Requirements, Cost Principles, and Audit Requirements (OMB Uniform Guidance), which streamlines the language from eight existing OMB circulars, including Cost Principles (OMB Circulars A-21, A-87, A 122) and administrative requirements (OMB Circulars A-102 and A 110), into one consolidated set of guidance applicable to federal assistance awards. The OMB Uniform Guidance supersedes DOC’s uniform administrative requirements set out at 15 C.F.R. parts 14 and 24. In accordance with the Federal Register notice published on December 19, 2014 (79 FR 75871) and the regulation at 2 C.F.R. 1327.101, the DOC adopted the OMB Uniform Guidance, codified at 2 C.F.R. Part 200, effective December 26, 2014, which means that the guidance applies to all new awards and to additional funding to existing awards made on or after December 26, 2014.
E. Special Award Conditions
Each MDCP award is subject to Standard Terms and Conditions (SACs). These are "standard" because they apply generally to all grants and cooperative agreement awards made by the Department of Commerce. They are part of the award package summarized on form CD-450, available to you on Grants Online. SACs are stipulations that do not apply generally to all recipients of Deparment of Commerce financial assistance awards, but which, instead, are applicable to only certain awards, usually those made under a particular program. So, most SACs will be the same for all MDCP award recipients. However, sometimes SACs are specific to a particular award recipient.
SACs often require that the award recipient certify that the SAC has beeen satisfied. Here's how to do this in Grants Online:
- Select the action Create Award Action Request
- Choose the link Satisfy Special Award Condition
- Choose the SAC that you are requesting to satisfy
- Input data into the description box; save
- Attach any supporting documents with the request
- Save and start workflow and forward to agency for review.
F. Specific Topics of Interest
4. Uniform Administrative Requirements, Cost Principles, and Audit Requirements for Federal Awards (2CFR 200)
Eastern Time Zone – Philadelphia 216-516-8021
Central Time Zone – Kansas City 816-414-2100
Pacific/Mountain Time Zone – San Francisco 510-594-7182
Commerce Department NOAA/Grants Management Division contacts for ASAP issuses:
Freddie Isaac (Frederick.I.Isaac@noaa.gov), 301-628-1313
The International Trade Administration, U.S. Department of Commerce, manages this global trade site to provide access to ITA information on promoting trade and investment, strengthening the competitiveness of U.S. industry, and ensuring fair trade and compliance with trade laws and agreements. External links to other Internet sites should not be construed as an endorsement of the views or privacy policies contained therein. This site contains PDF documents. A PDF reader is available from Adobe Systems Incorporated.