- Committee on Foreign Investment in the U.S.
- Employment & Trade
- Export Trading Company Act
- Global Competitiveness
- Industry Regulation
- Reference Information
- Trade Agreements & Negotiations
- Trade Disputes & Enforcement
- Trade Statistics
- U.S. Trade Laws
THE VIRTUAL WORLD TRADE REFERENCE ROOM
The International Trade Administration replaced its Foreign Trade Reference Room with this research source, which contains links to current trade statistics from the U.S. government, select trade and economic data published by other countries, and similar trade resources.
Sort these references by subject.
Table of Contents
- Country Briefings offers news, country profiles, forecasts and statistics.
Federation of International Trade Associations (FITA): this portal is a source for trade leads, news, events and links to 7,000 international trade related Web sites.
International Monetary Fund
International Trade Administration
- Retaliation Alert is a Web site dedicated to informing U.S. businesses about retaliatory actions taken under Section 301 of the 1974 Trade Act.
- Exporter Database offers tables that provide an annual statistical snapshot of U.S. exporters: their number, characteristics, and geographic distribution.
- Global Data Links
- State Development Agencies for Trade and Investment offers a listing of state and local offices that promote trade and foreign investment. This document was last updated in October 2004.
- Trade Data Basics is a guide to key trade related terms and concepts essential for understanding U.S. trade data.
- Trade Policy Information System (TPIS)
- TradeStats Express
- U.S. Foreign Trade Highlights (archive pages; discontinued after 2004 series)
- World Regions and Trade Organizations
- OECD Statistics Portal includes selected data, databases and reports on 25 topics from agriculture to transport.
- Penn World Table offers purchasing power parity, GDP and national income accounts, converted to international prices for 168 countries from 1950-2000 with growth rates.
- Trade Capacity Building Database allows user to search for funding data or activity descriptions by country or region, Trade Capacity Building category (including WTO agreements), and U.S. Government funding/implementing agency.
- Economic Development Administration provides links and information on state and local economic development offices.
- Trade Information Center offers assistance to U.S. exporters by providing information on importing countries, guides to U.S. export programs, foreign tariff and import fees, export resources, trade events, and directories of trade offices and U.S. exporters.
- World Development Indicators is a data query that offers a 5-year, 54-indicators segment from the World Development Indicators database.
World Trade Organization provides comprehensive, comparable and up-to-date statistics on trade in merchandise and commercial services for an assessment of world trade flows by country, region, and main product groups or service categories.