Services for U.S. Companies
Whether you’re looking to make your first export sale or expand to additional international markets, the U.S. Commercial Service offers the trade counseling, market intelligence, business matchmaking, and commercial diplomacy you need to connect with lucrative business opportunities. In addition, we will help you to develop trade finance and insurance strategies that align with your particular business objectives and help you complete your export transaction.
Following is a list of our general assistance areas. Our trade professionals will work with you to identify and tailor the right mix of U.S. Commercial Service capabilities to achieve your exporting goals. Please note, availability of some services may vary based on international market conditions and or staffing. Contact your local U.S. Commercial Service trade professional or call 800-USA-TRADE for details.
Planning and Strategy
- Create a comprehensive international business plan for entry or expansion into targeted markets.
- Get ideas and cost-effective solutions to help achieve your business goals.
Legal and Regulatory Issues
- Determine export licensing needs for shipping your products.
- Understand and comply with global product standards, certification requirements, electricity regulations, and packaging laws.
- Learn how to avoid intellectual property rights issues and legal disputes.
Documentation and Product Requirements
- Learn about export documents, including Electronic Export Information filing, invoices, packing lists, and certificates of origin.
- Verify the tariff rate for your product, as well as any import fees for a particular market.
- Determine your product’s Schedule B and HS numbers.
- Get assistance with customs-related issues.
- Obtain support from our Advocacy Center if your company’s exports or foreign bids are adversely affected by a trade barrier or by market access issues.
- Learn how to limit the risk of non-payment, and receive counseling if problems arise.
Trade Finance and Insurance
- Formulate an export finance strategy leveraging loan programs provided by the Export-Import Bank of America, the Small Business Administration, and other trade finance organizations to reduce risk and enable your company to offer competitive terms of sale.
- Get guidance on pricing your products and services to ensure competitiveness in your target markets while maximizing your profits.
- Identify potential partners.
- Market your firm directly to local companies.
- Identify potential partners and get detailed company reports.
- Determine the marketability of your product or service.
Personalized Business Matchmaking
- Meet one-on-one with pre-screened buyers, sales representatives, and business partners through our Gold Key Service.
- Leverage customized market briefings, research, and advice.
- Participate in official business development missions led by senior U.S. government leaders (view upcoming missions).
- Meet with agents, distributors, government and industry officials, prospective customers, and U.S. Embassy officials.
- Use our International Buyer Program to meet with pre-screened buyers and receive export counseling at major U.S. trade shows.
- Exhibit in the U.S. Pavilion at our Certified Trade Fairs.
- Let us distribute your marketing literature at international trade shows.
- Leverage customized venues to reach potential partners and buyers.
- Advertise in our official catalog of U.S. suppliers sent to nearly 400,000 international companies.
- Feature your company on our local-language Web sites.
Country and Industry Reports
- Get accurate and detailed information—at no cost—from more than 100,000 country and industry market reports, written by our in-country trade professionals.
- Receive updates on new regulations, business trends, and government-financed projects.
Customized Market Research
- Gauge the sales potential for your products or services with individualized reports on global markets.
- Discover which factors influence prospective customers, identify your competitors, and obtain pricing for comparable products.
- Learn about potential partners from our trade professionals working in the target markets.
- Order an International Company Profile containing available sales, profit figures, potential liabilities, and other financial information.
Trade Data and Analysis
- Get the latest annual and quarterly trade data by country, state, commodity, and year.
- Find industry-specific trade data and analysis.
- Obtain country-specific tariff and trade agreement information.
- Overcome trade obstacles to successfully enter international markets.
- Benefit from coordinated U.S. government engagement with foreign governments to protect U.S. business interests.
- Access U.S. government trade advocacy for your foreign government procurement bids.
Contact us today to connect with a world of opportunity.
The International Trade Administration, U.S. Department of Commerce, manages this global trade site to provide access to ITA information on promoting trade and investment, strengthening the competitiveness of U.S. industry, and ensuring fair trade and compliance with trade laws and agreements. External links to other Internet sites should not be construed as an endorsement of the views or privacy policies contained therein. This site contains PDF documents. A PDF reader is available from Adobe Systems Incorporated.